From: Mark H
To: Bill Watson ; L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2007 12:27 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] radio

It's most definitely Dodge, not Plymouth like Neil suggested, but it's not
like any radio I've seen before.  It's quite large, 10" across the face,
plus another 3" for I guess the tubes to be attached via a riveted on extra
piece on the right side.  There are still knobs for volume and dialing a
station, but the volume knob does not 'click' off, so the OFF on the left
button must indeed be for OFF for the radio.  I had thought (having never
owned a seven button-signal seeking-hiway hifi radio before) that the OFF
might be something to do with the signal seeking function.  But perhaps not.

I believe it is for '56 Dodge (my dad and I have one - a '56 Custom Royal).
If it would help identify it by seeing photos, anyone can let me know and
I'll be glad to email you photos.

Mark   mjh

Bill Watson <wwatson6@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Model 842HR and an instant "OFF" button? You got tubes!

I do not have a 1958 parts book, but the 1958 Chrysler Corporation book
lists radios 851 through 853 as the base push button radios for Plymouth
through Chrysler. . The electro-tuners are 922 through 925.

I suspect the 842 is for a 1955 or 1956 model.. And if it is a 1955 model,
it will be 6-volt positive gournd.

Bill
Vancouver, BC