Re: [FWDLK] Bad parts counter people (was: MoPar Oil Filter)

Re: [FWDLK] Bad parts counter people (was: MoPar Oil Filter)

Title: Re: [FWDLK] Bad parts counter people (was: MoPar Oil Filter)
Charles, you are right, of course.
When you get to a store where they care more and are lucky enough
to have some say-so in how the store is run, Like a NAPA store, things
are usually a bit better.

My local guys try harder and have some catalogs behind the desk.

What completely eludes me, is why the parts store manager can not
spend two minutes to "train" anyone ?
How hard is it to learn to say to the customer
"I'm sorry, but our computer only goes back to 1985,
so I can't look up the parts you need" ?
Do they think we will settle for something else they CAN look up ?

If they would give another tewnty five cents an hour, the droids
wouldn't leave so often, and training would be less.

Of course, if you don't train at all, you don't lose any time.

Tom S
southern Ohio