[FWDLK] Light, sweet, CRUDE....

..OIL, that is!

(but first: Debenson: thought would have been 57 Heaven, you saw, @
Iola, and Glenn: it would be nice if the FWDLK would/could approach The
Sisters, and their brilliant nephew, with a message of divine CLARITY,
and economic REALITY)....

.........It's too bad that I really didn't have any truly inspired
History teachers, until Mr. Kilcorse, in junior-year high school
American History  class (who replied, to his everlasting credit, one day
; "Garbage, on the Monroe Doctrine!")....

Anyway...as I've been reading American (automotive) history, recently, I
thought I'd share with y'all the following, from the 3/57 issue of Motor
Life:

GASOLINE SURPLUS

When the U.S. launched its program to bail out desperate European
nations with fuel after the Suez Canal was blocked, there were
predictions that gasoline would become scarce in the States. According
to the latest expert forecasts, however it actually is working out the
other way. A surplus of gasoline is now predicted, along with posible
lowering of prices.

The reason for the curious development  is simple. The European nations
are not primarily  interested in greater supplies of gasoline, instead
want heavy fuel oils for industry. And for each gallon of fuel oil
obtained  from crude petroleum in this country, approximately  one
gallon of gasoline is obtained, whether it is needed or not.

With millions of gallons of fuel oil being transported to Europe during
the crisis, the enormous quantities of gasoline  left in the U.S. must
be consumed. Motorists  better plan to do more driving; it's now their
patriotic duty . "

I drove my car, today....

Neil Vedder