Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2007 5:24 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] Bdays and such

    Like Neil, I just celebrated...at least it came and went, my 56th B day... and tomorrow will celebrate 35 years of wedded bliss!
    I don't remember all of the fifties, ... some nights of the sixties are vague, but I do remember cars with fins, muscle cars,  the music and a few slang terms..most of which were brought up already.  I also remember the Cold war scare, Kennedy's assassination, and the landing of the man on the moon the day after my 18th Bday.
     I also remember destroying a 59 Imperial so I could scavenge the hemi, the torqueflite and put is all in my 48 Studebaker pickup.  After setting that huge motor and tranny in that little pickup, and putting a Dodge straight axle in and a Plymouth rear end, all I needed was a driveshaft about 26 inches long...then reality set in... my dad...get that death trap out of my yard...sold it for $75 and it never did fly.  Wish I had that big pink Crown Imperial today!
    John in WI