Re: [FWDLK] Miss Belvedere

Hello All,
There are a ton of hidden things in Disney's Cars movie,
The King IS a 1970 Superbird,
And Flo the owner of the Diner- I say the same thing Roger- I think she is a 60-61 New Yorker.
Finally, The cartoon you are referencing is 'Suzy, the little blue coupe".
Now here's the thing- IF you bought the Cars movie when it came out on DVD it included a link to a website (now very much so down) to download Suzy.
So- I have it, in MP4 and MOV formats, but it is BIG- like 35megs, so it would take awhile to download.  Not sure I could even email it for that matter.
I'll give it a shot.

Hey Roger,
You got mail.

Charles.

Jan & Roger van Hoy wrote:
Re. CARS, Flo, the owner of the gasoline diner, looks kinda Exner-esque* to me.

The aging blue race car... isn't that a Dodge Daytona?

And Route 66, and rejuvenating "Radiator Springs," who could ask for more from a cartoon?

Looking out over the valley, with peaks in the shapes of '57-'58-'59-'60-'61 Ca----acs, and a little hill in the shape of a '37 F--d hubcap... and other hills looking like mid to late '30's vintage front fenders...

And you just can't beat tractor-tippin' for good clean country fun!

I saw a Disney movie as a kid, it looked like pre-WW II, about a roadster who got old and ended up in a junkyard, sad and lonely, until a teenager bought it and souped it up into a hot rod.  Anybody remember that one?  Do you know the name?  It sure inspired me towards old cars.

--Roger

* Did I make up a new word?