Re: [FWDLK] 57 Dodge Coronet on EBay

Great mail !

What a vehicle is "worth" is what someone will pay for it.
Usually, that is determined by more than one transaction.

Insurance values are what the company will pay, after factoring
in your payments vs what might happen to the vehicle.

An averaging gives more validity to the vehicles judged worth.
Often, there is a nut out there who will pay a huge amount
for something. This happens more often at auctions. It can
become a contest.  I've seen local estate auctions where a
ladder or a mower goes for the same or more than what a new one
with a guarantee would cost at the local retailer.

My two friends and I have about nine Triumphs between us.
Those buggers always need upkeep. Brakes go bad just sitting there.
Same costs for paint and supplies, upholstery, labor, and so on. We
try to do everything ourselves.  Much like the Mopars.

When we get done with one, it usually isn't "worth" what we have in it.
Why do it ?
We like it. They are rarely seen in general public. They are beautiful.

There is a lot of "value" in it for us, even if it is not a big money making idea.

Tom S
southern Ohio