Re: [FWDLK] nice 57 Dodge Coronet on EBay

Re: [FWDLK] nice 57 Dodge Coronet on EBay

2 rounds of applause, for neil's accuracy, and adam's statement of truth....

a [restoration] is a full detail/repair/etc back to factory specs/appearance, and is commendable when done to rare cars and commonalities alike, but whether its rare or not, if someone strays from original either by choice or lack of proper parts [as was mentioned on our hard-find mopars] it shouldn't be condemned..

basically... i have about 40 cars, some still awaiting resto [in my terms] and over 1/2 of them are 57-9 fwdlk mopars....  granted one of my top 5 cleanest 57-8 plymouths is a true, clean, survivor, with every option deleted by owner at the dealer, original down to upholstery stitching... its not my favorite just because it is the "real thing" colors, interior and all, in fact its a little boring to drive..... however those who see it in [our] fwdlk world would kill a sibling [or at least dismember a neighbor's pet] to own it....

as for non stock, i'm a bigger fan, if i leave frt-wheels-up in a 57-8 plymouth- its a great feeling and a big entertainment....  496" aluminum-heded strokers and disc brakes make fwdlk cars better by far- and i have turned down offers around the half-6 figure mark, and many times for the 440 powered, and 1 non-mopar powered plymouths.  in fact i even have an 11:1 LT1 powered [chevy] 58 plym, that will hang with  stock mopars up till the 413 ss/max wedge years.  just because i had it laying around, and why not???

we're all in it together with these cars- whether stock or driveable [or should i say modified]
though dont forget---- points and generator will never fail you like electronic ignitions modules from mother mopar

and..... i didn't even look at that dodge auction..... have 3 of my own already....