From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List on behalf of Charles Pollock
Sent: Sun 8/26/2007 12:41 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Surviver or not- Mo Nats

Hi Guys,
That kind of class system is how it USED to work at the Nats.  When Jeff Jeffson (I think that's his name- he was the organizer of the Chrysler Classic events) took over it all went to sh*t.  That was when I stopped showing.  He only cares about drawing the highest crowd and therefore the most money at an event.  Anyone who as attended any of his events can tell you this.
Now a true 'day two' or modify ONLY has speed parts from the era the car was built or sometimes (depends on the judge) the year the car was made.
So- a 1969 car can have the Anson slots, or the Torque thrusts, but not the ET drag wheels (mid-70's).  It can have the Dixco or Sun tach, but not the Autometer- same reason.  Or it can have the Edelbrock ED-340 manifold, but not the air gap version.  You get the idea.
Same goes with the tires and everything else.
The problem is that too many day-two's are covered in late model hop ups so they cannot be a day two.  Now they are pure modified.

I just wish someone would standardize the classes and judging for all these shows, then it would be easy.
If the damn Corvette clubs can do it, why can't we Mopar people????

Just my pennies,
Charles.

Dave Homstad wrote:
I forgot to mention this show is a National Meet and is a judged show. Judges evaluate each car by its merits, or demerits. Quality and condition of each component is "judged" and points deducted for less than "as new from the factory condition". It is possible for a 4 door sedan to beat a convertible. However, convertibles are worth more and get more spent on the for restoration. Modifieds are judged only on condition.

Dave Homstad

---- eastern sierra Adj Services <esierraadj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would have some issues/concerns with Dave's club's "Street Stock", for
SURE!

Any hard-to-find item: "Well, gee, I just UP-graded,  with a chromed
'dooie'......my chrome should be judged higher (cause it polishes-up, so
nicely) than your nasty-aged looking OEM 'dooie'.

If it were MY club......I would limit the NUMBER
of obvious-changes-from-OEM to  "X", as a "Street Stock" car could have
a LOT  of bright-shiney  subtle-or-not changes/upgrades to it,
literally, from the wheels, to the paint (color, and clear coat).

Neil Vedder