To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 8:51 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] Carburetor Problems

Hi Gang -

Carburetors baffle me. The shop manual is so riddled with techno-speak that
I've read the carb section about five times and still don't understand the
five systems discussed. Here's the problem I'm hoping someone out there can
help me with:

My Newark-built 58 Plymouth has a Stromberg 2bbl carb. Car starts and idles great. While in Neutral, I can step on the gas and rev the engine just fine.
The problem is, once the car is allowed to warm up, when I put it in gear
and step on the gas, it stumbles and usually stalls. This necessitates a
restart, which is difficult. The engine just cranks.

OK, carb detectives, help me solve this mystery.

Thanks,

Ron