Re: [FWDLK] Three Months Later, Tulsarama Officials Still Uncertain Who

Re: [FWDLK] Three Months Later, Tulsarama Officials Still Uncertain Who Owns Car

You know.....the most knowledgeable people in the world regarding these cars
talk on this forum every single day. Which one of us is going to approach
Tulsa with the voice of all FWDLKers, and see this doesn't turn into a
shambles?

After it's trip to Ultra-One, do we want to be the people who knew this was
going to happen and did nothing, while the hand clasping uninformed,
disinterested city councilors of Tulsa throw her away like a discarded oil
rag?

 Until finally Miss Belvedere spends the rest of time under a blue plastic
tarp outside some "resto shop" because the new owners "didn't realize she
was going to be this bad".

I'm not in USA, so I'm not much help other than these little black letters
on a computer screen, but somebody has got to approach whoever necessary to
sway the opinions of unknowledgeable folks who currently have control.

This is still THE most original unmolested 50 year old car in the world,
even with a broken vent window and door handle. (Thanks Boyd!)

This car should be in a dehumidified glass box in a museum already, with a
nice unearthing display, maybe slung over a 1200 cubic feet hole. Who
wouldn't want to go see that? It would give us all an excuse for another
FWDLK meet.

I have sent 57 Heaven museum an email but heard nothing back from them.
Calling on the phone from here is unrealistic.

Someone get onto this before it's too late.

...but if it does end up being scrapped, I'll take the door sill plates and
the stainless side trim... $2000 is my bid....

Glenn.
New Zealand.

> You know.....the most knowledgeable people in the world regarding these
cars
> talk on this forum every single day. Which one of us is going to approach
> Tulsa with the voice of all FWDLKers, and see this doesn't turn into a
> shambles?
> After it's trip to Ultra-One, do we want to be the people who knew this
was
> going to happen and did nothing, while the hand clasping uninformed,
> disinterested city councilors of Tulsa throw her away like a discarded oil
> rag?
>  Until finally Miss Belvedere spends the rest of time under a blue plastic
> tarp outside some "resto shop" because the new owners "didn't realize she
> was going to be this bad".
> I'm not in USA, so I'm not much help other than these little black letters
> on a computer screen, but somebody has got to approach whoever necessary
> sway the opinions of unknowledgeable folks who currently have control.
> This is still THE most original unmolested 50 year old car in the world,
> even with a broken vent window and door handle. (Thanks Boyd!)
> This car should be in a dehumidified glass box in a museum already, with a
> nice unearthing display, maybe slung over a 1200 cubic feet hole. Who
> wouldn't want to go see that? It would give us all an excuse for another
> FWDLK meet.
> I have sent 57 Heaven an email but heard nothing back from them.
> Someone get onto this before it's too late.
> ...but if it does end up being scrapped, I'll take the door sill plates
and
> the stainless side trim... $2000 is my bid....
> Glenn.
> New Zealand.

Uncertain