Re: [FWDLK] 1962 Resale

Robert,

My view is that the resale value is largely driven by the popularity of the different makes.  If I remember correctly, in 1961, Plymouth was in eighth place in national sales, with Ch**y and F**d in first and second place.  Plymouth was behind Bu**k, O**s, Pont**c, Merc**y, and perhaps Cad****c.  Of course, sales of Dodges and Chryslers were even lower than the Plymouths.

It should not be surprising that used car buyers also want the most popular cars.  This means that there were correspondingly fewer buyers who wanted a Plmouth, Dodge or Chrysler in the 1950s or 1960s.  In order for the dealers to  move these slower selling brands, it was often necessary to lower the resale price in comparison to the most popular brands.

Of course, today, with the fewer older Mopars that were made, and perhaps with an even smaller percentage that were saved, old Mopars are in healthy demand and are bringing significant prices.  Perhaps, the old Mopars are now on parity with the GM and Fomoco brands.  I am sure that some fans would claim that the old Mopars are now doing better in resale value!

Jim