Re: [FWDLK] 1962 Resale

'50's Chryslers disappeared because once they became "cheap" every drag racer in the country bought them for the engines.392's were still running in top fuel and funny cars into the 70's because the 426's were too expensive for independents who didn't have a big name sponsor (I'm not making this up,I read it in a Mopar mag). As for what Tony said about the Hot Rodders wanting D500  engines,I think any Hemi head engine would be desirable in the '50's to a Hot Rodder but when these cars were 10 years old or so and would be the $50 cars I think old Dodge and Desoto Hemis were a thing of the past,if you look in any '60's mag if it was not a muscle car it had a small block Chebbie in it. I think rust,out dated style,lower production on certain models (Desotos,D500 Dodges,Furys) and poor quality are the reasons these cars are not common today. And honestly there are a lot more out there than you would have believed 20 years ago,I figured there was possibly 100 finned cars if that left in the world since I'd never see another one at a show back then,popularity has brought them out of the wood work.
Just my 2 cents
Adam Lindenbaum