Van: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Namens Ron Waters
Verzonden: zaterdag 29 september 2007 20:39
Aan: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: [FWDLK] Carb Question

Hi Gang -

I hope I haven't asked this already, but I'm having problems restarting my
58 Plymouth after it warms up. I get the car running, warm it up, shut the
engine off, then when I try to restart, say 20 seconds later, it just
cranks.

Here's what I noticed in doing my own testing: When I crank the throttle and
look down the throat of the carb, I see no gas squirting out. Also if I move
the throttle, the accelerator pump just stays there--it doesn't come down
with the lever. When I press down on the accelerator pump rod to make it go
down the chamber, it squirts gas into the carb. Then I can turn the key and
start the car.

Carb is a Stromberg 2bbl. Just rebuilt, although I was having this problem
before the rebuild. The accelerator pump is brand new. Could the accelerator
pump spring be weak ? That was not replaced since it wasn't included in the
Bernbaum rebuild kit.

Thanks,

Ron