[FWDLK] WHAT CAUSE GAUGE NEEDLES TO GO UP AND DOWN

[FWDLK] WHAT CAUSE GAUGE NEEDLES TO GO UP AND DOWN

     I got our little 1965 Dodge Dart GT out of storage at the garage and took it for a Sunday cruise. The battery was a little low but it started up ok. As I drove I noticed that the fuel gauge and the temperature gauge keep slowly climbing to the right and then after a few seconds they would slowly drop back down only to repeat the climb and drop over and over again.  The amp gauges keep charging even though I think the battery was charged up? Do any of you fellow Mopar guys know what would cause this? I had the same problem with another car  of mine about 20 years ago but I cannot remember what had caused it? ( I think it was a bad voltage regulator??? )

                Ron