[FWDLK] Torqueflite shift problems

I have a 58 Ply with a cast iron Torqueflite in it. The other day I found that the pushbuttons would not work. I couldn't get it into '1" so I could not get the cable ou of the cable adaptor on the trans. So I took the PB operator out and disconected the cable from it. Tried and failed to move the cable. Finally I pulled pretty hard on it and it moved to the "1" position. I could then get the trans end out of the trans cable adaptor. With it disconnected at both ends, the cable moved freely. I reconnected the cable to just the Pb operator and both worked fine. Then I tried reinstalling the cable in the cable adaptor on the trans end while someone held the reverse button in. I could not push the cable all the way in, so I assume that the selector on the valve body is jammed. I think the problem is with the detent ball that engages the selector that the cable moves on the valve body.

I pulled the neutral switch out thinking that might be the problem. No change.

Any one with any ideas?? I can't move the car. So I need help.  Thanks   Jim

Jim Ruckdashel
4241 Singing Post Lane
Roswell, GA 30075
770-992-9746