Re: [FWDLK] 1957 Chrysler "300" on Collector Car Trader Online

Well, at least the gaping hole where the heater formerly was is still showing white.  If it were blue or green, you would know right away it was never a 300C.  I wonder about the fit and finish of that radical of a customization: the photo that shows a half way rolled down window looks like the tolerances are quite generous.  I have heard that those windshield were ferociously hard to chop, and I thought I picked up a hint of a crack in one of those photos.  I do like the Ford fastback / Exner marriage; blowtorch weddings can get mighty ugly!

From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 8:55 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] 1957 Chrysler "300" on Collector Car Trader Online

If it was even a NYer, it might be of some interest if it is solid in its nether regions as stated. There's usually a number of very rusty 1957-1959 Chrysler & DeSoto 2-door hardtops that could yield the right roof & glass parts.
We will see if the seller responds.
John Spiers

Oh my head!  I thought it would be a basket case based on John's e-mail, but I didn't expect that hyper-radical customization.  If it is a real 300, it might be worth it.  I don't know if it would make sense to try to restore it!  Please let me know what the VIN is when you find out.