[FWDLK] Desoto Auction

We spent Friday and Saturday there. Was huge attendance on Saturday for the auction. Total sales were $567,500 for the 57 items sold. Therefore average of $9956.14 pet car or set of wheel covers. Few additional parts sold last and not counted in our tally.

Can see total list of items sold on ebay. Look under completed auctions for vanderbrinkauctions

John Lee was there and did auction report for Old Cars so it will be in there soon.

Not all but most cars suffered from damp storage and had lots of rust on undercarriage. Had been on concrete as I understand it but concrete must have trapped and held moisture. We put plastic under ours when we poured and have not had problems at least!

Anywaqy I felt that they all sold very high. Auctioneer listed non running cars-read stuck engine) as no 4 cars and the ones which they would run off gas can for 2 seconds as no 3 cars. Almost no cars could be driven and most had clogged cas lines and tanks. No brakes of course and on and on.

The NOS?? 61 hardtop really appeared to have 105,000 miles on it and showed massive loose rust undrneath although it looked nice yet overall. Interior had troubles with growth on steering wheel which hadn't been cleaned off. Engine compartment had no indications of original factory paint, hood insulator mostly missing with a bit hanging on on one side yet. It brought 21K and set the tone for the auction since it was the first Mopar to sell.

Have around 400 pictures but will not be able to send any since we are in middle of a load of work here for next few weeks. or is it months?

It was a neat affair and interesting to see the interest and the cars of course. Have to admit disapointment in most of the cars but most were saveable if you were prepared to do full restoration. Few would have been easy cleanup and use but not many.

58 Ambulance did 36K and was nice clean vehicle.