--- Begin Message ---
  • From: Wayne Graefen <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 14:07:55 -0500
Its a long story but I bought my '57 Chrysler 300C convertible 18 years ago and got it home two weeks ago.  It requires total restoration.  I got the car up on my lift and found that the torqueflite transmission crossmember has been removed and replaced with a piece of steel plate, bent and bolted into place.  What Chrysler had designed there was about another 15 pounds of steel!

So I'm putting out the call for a trans cross member which must come from a convertible (except as noted below)!  Anyone have a parts car convertible '57 or 58 DeSoto or Chrysler or Imperial that could supply this?  '59 is different.  It is part number 1733115 in case you want to look at it in the parts book section 9-69-4.  It is also shown there that 4 door hardtops used the same part so they must have some X-frame reinforcement similar to the convertibles.

And if you do have a convertible parts car, I have a couple of broken side castings in my folding top mechanism that I would also like to talk to you about.

Wayne Graefen