[FWDLK] Fwd: Re: [FWDLK] Fwd: Re: 57 D-500-1 question

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: SherwoodK@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:52:02 EDT
Neil:

Did I really say the D501 didn't come with the 4 bolt manifolds because I meant the question for the 300B. I know the D501 came with 4-bolt manifolds. As for the carbs, etc -- Mine is 1957 300C on the top end -- manifold and carbs... Mine is #1055. Additionally, some EFI 392s in 1958 came with 4-bolt manifolds too. In fact, when I had the new cams made for the FI 392, the man who made them for me said there were 3 different cams for the efi engines. I asked for one stock -- meaning the calmest one -- and one radical -- the wildest one.  By the way, horsepower for the efi 392 was on the plus side of 400.

As for the difference in numbers from the 340 horse D501 and the 355 horse 355 300B engine -- All I can say is the 355 is on the low side of a real number and the 340 for the D501 is quite low.

Regards,

Sherwood