Re: [FWDLK] Riddle me THIS !?

Since y'all are talking about old mag articles, how about the Hot Rod one where they "proved" by calculations that you could NOT exceed 150 mph in the 1/4 since the forward acceleration would cancel out the traction that gravity gives. About 1952-3 maybe. Iirc, several weeks/months after that issue came out, Don Garletts blew past 150 mph. So much for calculations! Neil, or any of you have that issue? Just full of calculations as I recall. Just interesting to see how "Good ol' boy" wrenching can befuddle the scientists.
Ray