Re: [FWDLK] what's your bottom dollar?

Title: Re: [FWDLK] what's your bottom dollar?
Some people will give you their final "bottom dollar" price.

When we were just married, I took my wife with me to "look" at a sweet
1968 Charger R/T quite a distance away. After I looked it over, and we went
for a little test drive, I asked him the price he had to have. The owner told me,
 and I said "OK, will you take cash and a check for the rest ?" My wife was floored.
She wanted to see me barter with the guy. About three months later, after several
Mopar shows, sales, and swap meets... she came up to me and said
"How can you sleep at night ? You stole that car !"

I explained to her that the buyer and seller were both happy the day of the sale.
I got what I wanted and he got what he wanted. I had been afraid that, if I would
try to talk him down any further, he might get mad and not sell me the car.

I own it today.

When someone puts an item out for sale, he better have an asking price.
If he just asks me how much I'll give him for it, I think he is an idiot and I'll
offer an idiot's price if I offer anything at all. Life is too short to deal with idiots.
I'm not setting the seller's price on anything.

Once we get started, I love to barter, but I'm not pricing his stuff for him.

Tom S