Re: [FWDLK] D 500 air cleaners

This Barrett Jackson car is ranking in the very top reaches of unethical restoring practices that has plagued rare cars of the 50's. Built by someone (a total @$$ # */?) who disregards research and basically pumps the system full of misinformation. Yes, the Barrett Jackson car is at the pinnacle of deception and if the restorer doesn't know it he is still guilty of gross ignorance, I don't care how nice the car looks it is a huge fabrication of monumental forgery. The only grey area here is wether the restorer is lazy and didn't care to get the facts or is knowingly exploiting the uneducated public. I have nothing but disgust for this cars of this ilk and it is easy prey for anyone who turns a critical eye, Neil Vedder could and has ripped it to shreds in less than a minute, mere child's play for him. Is Neil the only other person who gets it? collectors must understand what's at stake here or perhaps apathy is now regarded as a vertue. To me it boils down to the fact that if you are building a car for yourself take all the liberties you want, and please if you sell it disclose the facts..... if you are a person or company that wants to restore rare and complicated vehicles for sale as investments to the public DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!!! A car hobby or Auction House that awards such total crap are nothing more than parasites that exploit unsuspecting hosts and there activities have no foundation in value, I don't know how it isn't considered criminal. I am trying to be restrained but if you want to know how I really feel.............Tim in Golden