Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2007 9:55 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Bye, Miss Belvedere

     Better than any car show could ever be, just driving your FL car through the quiet backwater parts of this country, through the small towns and down forgotten highways is the greatest thrill of owning cars like ours.  Until you do it, you'll never understand that it is different when you get away from the fast paced corridors of each coast.  The farther inland you get, the more likely you are to find people who take a little too long to give directions, are more than happy to tell you about themselves.  I wish I had had a car ready to go for Tulsa.  The event would have been great, but I would have taken a month off and gone to Tulsa by way of North Dakota and Ohio before swinging back west.  To my way of thinking, it never was about a buried 57 Plymouth.  It was about the spirit that was buried with it.  To bring together those people who hold that feeling of divinity for the Sputnik age, to revive the spirit ! of exci tement that was the late 50's.  That is what it was about.  Bringing your cars and other doo-dads for show and tell only completed the scene of sharing your interest.  I wish I had been prepared.  I missed out.

    B.