Re: [FWDLK] Bye, Miss Belvedere!

Mark overlooks mentioning that those of us who had arrived at the 'Tree,
on TUES (as I had recommended, all-along) had reconnoitered at the Lobby
Bar, & had decided to walk over to the Vault, to go look at it, at 9AM
on WED.

We did, and happened upon the non-previously  announced  lifting/
removal  OF the three (held-in-place/non-sealed DAMNIT!) lids over the
vault, exposing the car for the first time, in 50 years.

Talk about a thrill!

Those pics are posted on the Forwardlook's website, on the
early-postings-pages on  the "Tulsarama"  board .

Anyway, referring to the mid-west hospitailty and economy we
encountered, at the SAT car show, among the many vendors there, a 12"
boxed Dominos pizza cost $3.00, and the Boy Scouts were holding a
fund-raiser, so they were selling 12 oz bottles of fruit-flavored cola
for ONE-doillar!

The local police & sheriffs were VERY friendly (even TALKATIVE--ever try
to have a normal conversation with a cop, while he's on duty, or NOT?)
They showed real smiles, not just professional ones.