Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 12:56 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Parts is Parts

Brent,

You?ve already got it: roughly, the part number represents the year. The first digit represents the decade, part numbers starting with digit ?1? represents fifties, ?2?? represents sixties. The second digit represents the year in that decade. I am not aware of any sequence for certain part groups, at least, I couldn?t find anything else then an random order?

Some parts were carried over the years. Like the generic nuts and bolts. And also, parts like for instance 1957 air cleaners could have a 18xx xxx (1958) number.

So, assuming you?re interested in 1957, I?d go for any part with a 7 digit part number starting with a ?1? and definitely starting with ?17? or ?18?.

If pallets go cheap, buy one for me!

Jim, The Netherlands

1957 Dodge D500 x2