From: James Z
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 1:43 AM
Subject: 1957 Chrysler Question...

I saw a '57 Chrysler Windsor today and something struck me as odd, but I am
not that familiar with them so I am sure it is nothing more them that...

I noticed that inside the car, the rear window 'molding' was nothing more
then the gasket for the rear window painted the same color as the headliner.
Also, the 'molding' on the inside where the roof rail weatherstrip resides
is also a sort of plastic/rubber item. This was molded in blue, the color of
the interior. The front pieces of this, up by the wing window, was chrome,
but the main piece was blue molded rubber all the way back. Everything else
on the car is original. It is a very well preserved original so I am
guessing these are correct pieces...but it struck me as odd. Are these
pieces correct? I saw a '57 Dodge Coronet and it had 'regular' metal trim
pieces. I was shocked that a Chrysler would resort to painted rubber.

Any insight would be great....

James