Re: [FWDLK] Burned car photos....

Hey, James; be sure to let us know how your claim proceeds, with Hagerty.

In my professional opinion, Hagerty may correctly attempt to settle your claim based upon the car's condition at the time of the fire (partially restored, and/or may value it on its pre-restoration value, plus whatever restoration costs that you have invested in it), as opposed to whatever its Fair Market Value may have been, after it might
have left the restoration shop.

They might take into consideration any significant parts that were not destroyed (off premises) at the time of the fire.

An interesting theory would be what the shop might owe to you, if they had been legally liable for the fire's creation : would a court determine that the shop would have owed you for the finished-work's actual cash value, on the car, or, only its value as-was, at the time of the fire?

I'm also researching Jame's recourses, against his Homeowner's carrier, which may be resisting the extension of his "Personal Property" coverage onto the PARTS-car which also burned-up in the fire, at the resto shop.

"Motorized Vehicles" are not covered under a Homeowners policy, but, "car-parts" are NOT excluded from Personal Property coverage, and a non-driveable "parts-car" is merely an assemblage of contiguous car-parts.

Neil Vedder (still not reimbursed for his own good-faith shipping costs)

James Z wrote:
For those interested, I posted some photos of my burned out car on the
Forum. They are posted in the 'Members Rides' section. Here is a link:

http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=18070&posts=4#M
108704

James