Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 1 Jan 2008 to 2 Jan 2008 (#2008-3)

Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 1 Jan 2008 to 2 Jan 2008 (#2008-3)

120 MPH SPEEDOMETER ON A FURY

  Back in 1958 I saw at least 3 different Fury's with 120 speedometers. At that time they were brand new.
Two were sitting in the Chrysler Plymouth Showroom at two different dealerships. Years later I could not find one single one with a 120 speedometer. When I saw the new one with the 120 I asked the salesman why it had the wrong speedometer and he said some of them had 120's and some didn't. I think one plant install the 120 speedometer for a very short time. Seeing the Fury on E bay is the 4th one I saw now.!!!!! Back then a lot of people took the 2/4bbl carbs off and went to single 4 bbl. Hey kids were not buying them and the older people that liked the body style did not intend to race them or even drive them fast.

      Ron Swartley

PS.  After all back then gas was so expensive at .25 a gallon and if you made $50 dollars a week you had a good job.!!!!!