Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2008 8:02 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] eBay '58 Fury (was Digest etc etc)

That guy with the sleeved FP block would be me and it sure was driven to
shows, including "Tulsarama", Carlisle, etc. Some 5,000 miles this past
season.Anyone in need of another FP boat anchor, I know where there is one
although it will be tough to haul out to the road. Most any early 318 is
rebuildable, racers used to bore them .120 over with no problems and regards
to performance, The 58 Fury I had in the early 60's never was beat by a
55-57 Chevy and all my friends sure tried! They always got me off the line
but after 40 MPH all they saw was my taillights! Only thing that ever beat
me was a 60 Plymouth Sonoramic Commando ex NYS Police car that really flew!
               And who said that they got tired of the sound of the dual
four barrels? I think that is about the greatest sound in the automotive
universe. It was 36 years between Dual Furys for me and I never forgot that
sound! Dick W.