Sent: Friday, January 04, 2008 11:47 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] eBay Fury

   This car is "junk either way" ???

   Who says the engine "has to" come out ?  Why NOT put (or leave) a 354 or some other engine in a 57-8 Plymouth ?  I just don't "get" this attitude that is has to be "just so".  The 318 poly was not that great of an engine.  It was OK, but it hardly stands as some pinnacle of automotive engine design.  Is it because that is what is "correct".  All good and fine for the guy who finds a fairly correct car and wants to restore it to original.  But you know, a lot of history with Furys involved hopping them up and changing engines.  I have seen more than a few running around on 392's.  So what if it isn't bone stock ?  This car hasn't been bone stock for probably 90% of its life.  Restore a car to perfection, or just enjoy it as is.  What is all the condescending attitude for ?  There is a major difference between advising someone on what would be OEM correct and cutting them down for having so! mething that isn't.  One is a helpful offering, the other is an arrogant butthead trying to tell others how to live their life, dictate taste, whatever.  I'd like to think anyone with the interest in these out of the ordinary cars would be above the latter.

   B.

> > I'm sorry, but that has to be one of the most ignorant things I've ever
> > read on this email list. But I've come to learn in dealing with old cars
> > that some people just can't comprehend actually fixing one, if it's not
> > shiny and pretty and ready to go when they see it, then it's junk. I've
> > seen plenty of worse cars than that saved by people, all it takes is a
> > little talent and a little common sense. Which the over $10,000 current
> > bid on the auction car proves.
> >

> > So if you guys have junk like that around I'll be more than happy to come
> > collect it for you. I won't even charge you for taking it away.
> >
> > What's that? You don't have any and don't know where to find any? Thats
> > what I thought.