Re: [FWDLK] 57-59 Windshields on ebay ?

From the eBay picture you really can't tell how big the bubble in the windshield is.  My understanding is that the only windshield that is close to the actual bubble size of the original is the one that Timo Tanksanen is selling.  It supposedly is about 85-90% of the orginal bubble size.  I bought one and it is in my '57 Belvedere convertible.  When I received it, I checked it with the original one that was in the car and really couldn't tell the difference.
John Paxos

-----Original Message-----
From: Lou <email4lou@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 9:07 am
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] 57-59 Windshields on ebay ?

The claim is there, just not sure if its an accurate reproduction.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1957-1959-Chrysler-Dodge-Plymouth-Windshield-NEW_W0QQitemZ280189831129QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280189831129

WE ARE NOW OFFERING BRAND NEW WINDSHIELDS FOR YOUR 1957, 1958 OR 1959 CHRYSLER, DODGE OR PLYMOUTH RESTORATION, STREETROD PASSENGER CAR.
THIS QUALITY WINDSHIELD FITS:
1958 & 1959 CHRYSLER 2 DOOR HARDTOP, 4 DOOR HARDTOP AND THE CONVERTIBLE. (IT DOES NOT FIT THE 4 DOOR SEDAN, SUBURBAN OR THE STATION WAGON)
IN DODGE IT FITS:
1957 DODGE CONVERTIBLE (CONVERTIBLE ONLY IN 1957)
1958 & 1959 DODGE 2 DOOR HARDTOP, 4 DOOR HARDTOP & THE CONVERTIBLE. (IT DOES NOT NOT FIT THE CLUB COUPE, 4 DOOR SEDAN OR THE SUBURBANS)
IN PLYMOUTH IT FITS:
1957 & 1958 CONVERTIBLE (CONVERTIBLE ONLY IN 1957 & 1958)
1959 PLYMOUTH 2 DOOR HARDTOP, 4 DOOR HARDTOP & THE CONVERTIBLE. (IT DOES NOT FIT THE 2 DOOR COUPE, CLUB COUPE, 4 DOOR SEDAN OR THE SUBURBANS)

JRawa@xxxxxxx wrote:
the question is if he has the "57-59 convertible / 58[non plym]-59 hardtop" windshield, and a separate "all 57 and 58 plym" windshield.
the bubble windshield is a 57-9 all convert, 59 plym hardtop, and [most]58 and all 59 hardtop remaining fwdlk series exc imperial.
all sedans use a 3rd style windshield 57-9 [wagon, 2/4dr sedans]