From: Wayne Graefen <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 8:48 am
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] 57-59 Windshields on ebay ?

We will never see new green shaded windshields again and haven't for over forty years.  The federal government found that the green shade was causing too many people to incorrectly "see" the color of stoplights, especially those placed overhead.  Thus in the mid '60s the color of the shading and tinting was turned to blue which does not alter color vision.

A comment on the bands of shading on reproduction windshields.  No matter the company or the product they are intended for, all of the shading bands seem to be incorrectly placed.  They run too far down at the sides typically whereas originals were usually very close to horizontally straight.  And part of the reason they appear so dark is that they are new and have not yet begun to fade.  But rest assured they will.

Wayne