Re: [FWDLK] The Newest Forward Look Member -- Zachary Michael Stragand

Re: [FWDLK] The Newest Forward Look Member -- Zachary Michael Stragand

Au contraire, mon ami!

Wasn't there a 'second' Anastasia?  And, what about Ron Swartly?

Here's a funny true story: back a couple decades ago, there was a gentleman in the WPC Club named Howard Hughes; "trouble" was: he was a DEAD (actually, still alive, then!) ringer for Gerald (OK; I'll say it): FORD!

He used to relate stories about how he would get mobbed/accosted by fans of the (now late-) president, on the street, and in elevators, yadayadayada, and he would have to pull himself away from the admirers, and declare : "Madam, I am
NOT Gerald Ford, I am Howard HUGHES!!"

At the '87 WPC national meet, in Burbank, we shared our awards banquet table with Howard Hughes, but also with a woman (her WPC-boyfriend I can't recall!) who looked just like Paloma Picasso (who was a real personality, back then, that Jessica & Brittney and Paris WISH that they were, today) but she HATED being mistaken for Paloma!

Well, at least: "Zachary" sorta sounds like "Factory" , and you didn't choose "Bunkey", or HARLEY EARL, or ZORA.....!

Neil Vedder

Dave Stragand wrote:

There is only one Virgil Exner (well, make that two, actually) and only one MoPar. =)