Re: [FWDLK] FW: How old is Grandpa?

Thanks Mel, fun item.
But, actually TV was broadcast in the 30's, and demonstrated at the World Fairs and suchlike. Europe was way ahead of the US, and in 1938 there were 19,000 TV's in England, and several hundred here in the States. Germany was selling TV's in 1934. RCA was broadcasting from the Empire State Building antenna. We had one I watched in the neighborhood in 1946-7. Watched Wrasslin' and Roller Derby. The set used a mirror in the lid set at 45° which enlarged the picture. I think the screen on the tube face was maybe 5" then. In 1949 we bought a 16" console unit. Penicillin discovered at the turn of the century and in 1928 was patented. Used in powered form in 1941 on the battlefield and got the Nobel Prize in Medicine in 1945
Frozen Food was first sold under the Birds-Eye label in 1930
Xerox was patented in 1937 and the first large amounts of commercial units were sold in 1950.

Ray