Re: [FWDLK] Build sheet /card locations

Charles: depending upon the car you own, you just have to find someone who can read and speak your car's "information-language".

I am fluent in 1957-1958 Dodge, and am proficient  in 1959-1961 Dodge.

The other car models speak a different dialect!

Neil Vedder

Charles Pollock wrote:
Hi Ray,
Reminds me of what I found in my 73 Charger.
There were 2 broadcast sheets- One hog-ringed to the lower seat cushion on the driver's side and one one under the lower seat cushion of the back seat. The one under the driver's seat was NOT for my car. It was for a very well optioned SE. The other was for my car. But that's not the interesting part- when I pulled the liner from the trunk floor I found, wedged in between the quarter panel and trunk floor extension, a perfectly preserved Chrysler factor paper coffee cup. It had the Chrysler logo and it was one of those 'poker' cups. It had 4 cards printed on the side and the fifth on the bottom. It was a full house! Probably why someone thought to 'dispose' of it there. Also, I have found a ton of extra clips, fasteners, sound deadner, etc in the bottom of the doors and quarter panels. Seens that if someone dropped a fastener they didn't try to retrieve it, they just grabbed another.

Not FL content, but interesting none the less.
So to add FL content-
What good is the IBM card if it can't be read? How does one get his/her card read once found???

Charles.

Ray Jones wrote:

I always had the impression that the workers were responsible for their own trash. So, when he was thru with the info for his station, it got stuck in the car. The guy who placed the proper upholstery on the line or in the car stuck the sheet in the upholstery so at the end of the shift he didn't have to empty the trash. The Dash guy shoved it over the Glove box and so on. After 33 years of ownership, my wife found one in our '65 Chrysler 300 L when she pulled out the rotten carpet. It was in the drivers foot-well, and of course, badly damaged. I think we have another one put away, from under the rear seat for that car. It had been in outside storage for many years and she was cleaning it out/up. Surprisingly, it has almost zero rust in the floors, frame and trunk, after sitting 12 years in a Pine forest.

Ray