Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 29 Jan 2008 to 31 Jan 2008 (#2008-31)

Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 29 Jan 2008 to 31 Jan 2008 (#2008-31)....Kiekaefer Dodges V 300s

According to my NASCAR records Kiekhaefer Dodges and 300's were racing
against each other throughout the '56 season. I don't believe Kiekhaefer
cared either way whether the Dodge or the Chrysler came in first as long as
it had HIS name on the side. The Dodges were strong on the 1/2 mile tracks,
the 300's recorded wins on just about all distances but were very strong on
the longer 1 mile tracks.

Interesting to note the driver points standing at the end of the '56
season...

# 1 Buck Baker 300B
# 2 Herb Thomas '56 Chev (interestingly I can't see him winning a race but
was consistently in 4th or 5th place)
# 3 Speedy Thompson he alternated between a 300B and a Dodge.
# 4 Lee Petty Dodge

Owen