Re: [FWDLK] Daytona 500

Before the advent of the COT (Car of Tomorrow; now "Today", I guess),
NASCAR did have 'identical'-universal body shapes, for the various
manufacturers, but, I recall that when the new-body Charger got approved
for NASCAR racing, the Charger was permitted, or required, to have a
slightly dipped/sloped nose, which obviously affected aerodynamics and
down force.

I recall that some teams (like, Ryan Newman's) elected to keep on
running the Intrepid body-nose profile.

Now, there are "Avenger" and "Charger"  body styles/shapes being run in
NASCAR.

SO: for the COT, is there, indeed,  only one absolutely-universal body
shape being run?

And, it is my general understanding that there may be certain C.I.D.
engine requirements and dimensions being mandated, but, aren't the
individual manufacturers allowed to run their own proprietary engine
designs????

If there is only one universal-engine block, and a universal body-shape,
then, there really is not any difference between the various  products,
except for car set-up, and driver abilities.

Neil Vedder---btw, before the race, there was 'talk' about the Toy's
having (found) "15 HP" over that of their competitors, which provided
them with their reportedly-insurmountable advantage, and probable race
victory margin.