From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List on behalf of Brent Burger
Sent: Tue 2/19/2008 12:22 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Daytona 500

   When I became a stock car fan, the typical cars on the track were 63 Galaxies and such.  They were real cars you saw in your neighbor's driveway.  THAT was exciting !  Bit by bit cars got more dull as a whole and then NASCAR turned their back on everything they had been for 40+ years and went to racing those *things*.  They certainly are not stock cars !  Remember when Tim Flock lost a title because his push rods had been altered ?  "Stock" meant STOCK !!!  ..... and "NASCAR" meant National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing.  See the inconsistency ?  How did this go so wrong ?  It is like having your car stolen and then seeing someone drive it past you.  Relax ?  Forget that!  ... gimme back my NASCAR !

  I know, ....  I live in the past.

  Hey, you kids, get off my lawn !  ;-D

  Don't even get me started on the whole golf thing !

  B.