Re: [FWDLK] 1957 Dodge VIN #

To that end it would be nice to have a centralized car registry online someplace.  I also have a '66 Galaxie 7Litre and there are Galaxie  registries maintained online.  Whats cool about those is that people submit the info on their own cars or cars they spotted (junk yard, for sale, etc) and they can track the last known location of a car.  (check out http://66ford.fordregistries.com/ for an example and click on "registry galleries")

I never found anyone who is maintaining a central online  Registry for  all  Forward look cars.  There are various MOPAR registries,  the Imperial club has a nice one and  I imagine the Golden Fin Society might have something for Furys.  Dave has a member directory on the forwardlook site, but its people-centric, not car-centric :-)

Perhaps we could find all the ones out there and ask Dave to put links from the Forwardlook site (or create a registry of his own if he feels ambitious, hahah!)

Regards,
Lou

Bradley Werner wrote:
Hi All,

  I had my '57 Dodge convertible in a show here in Florida. I was approached by a woman in her seventies who bought a new '57 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer convertible in November 1956. Original combination was charcoal and white ,black vinyl top. It wasn't a D-500 model . She was a school teacher from Indiana (raised on a farm) and bought the car after graduation and went for a trip out West. Was unable to keep up the payments of 120/month after a year and half and her dad helped out ,but she wound up with a 1958 Dodge pick- up,payments 72/month. She has never forgotten the Dodge and was so thrilled to finally see a '57 DOdge convertible she related her story to me at the show. She has the original order for the car,pictures,her bank books showing the payment schedule,'57 Dodge brochure and pics of other '57 Dodges. A real car person,says she has been that way since her teenage years.

  I got the Vin # of her DOdge convertible and was wondering if someone on the list could be the owner and it still exists. Vin # 37273289.

Is there any other method of finding out if this car is still around ???????

Brad Werner