To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 9:28 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] 1955 new yorker hessitation

I have a problem with poor acceleration and when I step on the gas to go the engine seems to die down then picks up speed. I just took the car out from storage for the winter and this problem was there last summer I just never did anything about it. I would like to fix the problem or problems that can cause this but not sure were to start, I can tell you what I have done over the last five years or so to the engine, carburetor, tranny, ecct

I had the carb rebuilt about 5-8 years ago
I had the dist rebuilt about 4 years ago
two years ago I had the 331 rebuilt
I also rebuilt the tranny at the same time
I installed a recored radiator
I had the complete front end off the car and all the linkage also
I installed a new gas filter last summer { 2007}

I am going to order a new phenix ignitor for the car as I have been reading the e-mails and it seems to be a good starting point. I can check the timing but when I installed the engine we set the timing then { maybe it is off} I also never adjusted the linkage to specs that I remember so hope some one can help me figure out what to check and the proper way to check it.

Thanks again
Chuck deyoe Jr
1955 new yorker 4 door sedan