[FWDLK] Tyresome thread?

Jim Hoekendijk had been good enuf to decypher the Euro-specs on my
Diamondback
tires, which I've previously posted.

But, to refresh your memmories, my 215R14C tires translates to 215/75R14
" , in class "C", which is a light truck/trailer rating, with
65psi(!!!!) capacity, and 87mph speed rating.

I am convinced, that, as long as these tires are being manufactured, if
someone orders the 28"-ish diameter 14" WWW radials, he will GET these
tires, as the 215/75R14 size is nigh-unto impossible to find, in the
general tire market.

Those tires' size corrected my odometer error to virtually zero.

If you do find a good quality set of tires, DB will vulcanize their
beautiful WWW's onto them.

So, you have to ask yourself, which would you rather have: a tire which
has been expressly produced, to appear to look like a vintage tire (with
possible/probable manufacturing defects), or a tire which was
manufactured to meet much more stringent quality standards, and which
happens to have WWW's on it (and which also happens to look GREAT, too)
?

I am no fan of Oriental products, and expected my tires to have been
manufactured in the Yuu Ess, but no.....(Taiwan).

So, we all pays our money and takes our chances, in good faith.

And, I am aware that buying these tires represents payment for foreign
manufacturing , and shipping, to the U.S., AND, that their price, in the
U.S., is not cheap.

Neil Vedder