[FWDLK] It's.....ALIVE !!

Well, the concensus was to pay $250.00+ (with shipping, and waiting, and
paying to install electrolyte) and get an Antique Auto Battery , which
looks like a real-vintage Mope-guy, or, to get some other flat-top
battery and install a Tar-Topper 'shroud' over the thing (which costs
$25.50-delivered), which would look like some sort of generic vintage
fill-cap battery.

Called the local Generic Motors dealership (there being no-longer a
small-town MoPar dealership, here--long, sad story) and confirmed that
they had a suiatble Group 24 battery with 630 CCA, for $109.00.

I was hoping that it would look like my 20-year old guy, but nowadays
batteries come with recessed carrying handles.

The parts-guy took appropriate sympathy on me, and sold me that battery
at WHOLESALE
$82.00, so, it looks like my net-cost, after almost 21 years of service
on the erstwhile battery, will be $88.36 (incl tax) + $25.50 =
$113.86, for a 60-month battery.

So, introduced his new appliance to Horrie, and he responded by starting
right up!

IIRC, somebody on the E-Pay has been selling battery logo
vinyl-appliques; if anyone has a reference to him, I'll probably buy a
'sticker' and put it onto the Tar-Topper.

I mentioned to the Tar-Topper guy that he should pay a licensing fee,
and mold-in proper battery logos on his shrouds.

He replied with some lame excuse-up-front expense involved, but, I think
that if he were to offer that prospect, a lot of people already having a
generic shroud would 'pop' for a proper-appearing shroud (especially for
less than $30.00 bux!!!!), and probably put a REAL    'hurtin' on
Antique Auto Battery's business!

Neil Vedder--waitin for the Tar-Topper to arive!