Re: [FWDLK] gas prices

Sorry to say this, Roger, but it appears that you are incorrect, once
again.....

There certainly is a DIRECT relationship betweeen disposable income and
the cost of goods and services (what you can afford to buy, with
whatever money you HAVE,  to spend on  purchases ).

The only question is that of the percentage- relationship of income,
with the  cost-of-living, between:  "now-and- then".

$10,000.00/year income was a LOT of money in the 60's.

$150,000.00 is a lot of income, nowadays.

What is the relationship between a loaf of bread, a gallon of gas, the
cost of an 'average' house, between the 60's and now ?

YOU might not want to pay $26,000.00 for a dress, today, but that
appears to be the comparable cost of a $2,000.00 dress, in the mid-60's.

YOU might not want to pay $4.00/gallon for a gallon of gas, today, but
that price is VERY comparable to what the inflation-adjusted price for
gas was, in the 1960's.

Neil Vedder