[FWDLK] 57-59 Fuel Tanks further update

I have had further correspondence with Tom at Van's Auto late today.

He is the exclusive US distributor for the Swedish made reproduction tanks which he expect to have by August.  He does not have a prototype or any photos as yet.  Tom already has the new fuel pickup /sending units in inventory and he will have the hangar straps prior to getting the tanks.

The plan is if you are seriously interested in getting one of the tanks when they come available, Tom will be mailing out flyers WHEN they are available and ready to go.  If you want to reserve one or more tanks and receive the (snail) mail flyer, you must send your name and PO street address to Tom to get that mailer.

Now, I've already received comment that not all '57-59 Plymouth, Dodge, DeSoto and Chrysler cars used the 23 gallon tank.  That is true.  There were also 17 and 20 gallon tanks but there is no plan to reproduce those tanks.  Also true that within each brand line, there was at least one model that originally came with the 23 gal. tank, so there is no question as to this tank fitting your car.  The exceptions are that station wagons took much different tanks and the Imperial tank was for that car only.

I am not an agent nor have any interest in this project.  I am merely forwarding the information I have received along with a few of my own comments with the intent of keeping fellow hobbyists informed.  Please post your further questions to Tom at the address above and if you believe the question and answer are important to all of us, then post them to your list server.

Wayne Graefen