--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy
Hoosier Corps #L6
CPUs run on smoke. I know this
because when the smoke comes out,
it stops working.

-------------- Original message from Wayne Graefen <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------

Someone will have to find the range of year interchanges but I used a '69 C body (big cars - Chrysler, Big Dodge, Big Plymouth) rear axle assembly in my modified '57 DeSoto.  So this would be a '57-59 interchange.  This is a bolt in.  The spring perches are a total of 1/2 inch narrower so the springs are tweaked only 1/4" inward per side at their apex.  While an engineer wouldn't like even that minor deflection when planning the ultimate longevity of the spring bushings, for a collector car that will likely not travel 50K miles in the rest of its lifetime, I personally don't see a problem.
I don't recall the overall drum face-to-face width difference from the original '57 axle assembly to the '69 assy. but it may have been the same 1/2".
If someone finds a Mopar axle assys dimension chart giving spring perches and overall lengths on the net, please post the link.