To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 11:14 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] Fuel Pump Rebuild Kit

Guys,

It appears the fuel pump on my '58 Coronet is pumping more fuel onto the
ground than up to the carburetor.  I originally thought it was a
deteriorated fuel hose similar to what was mentioned on the forum a few
weeks ago, however the hose, which is fuel injection rated, is fine.  I
took the fuel pump apart and determined the rubber gasket between the fuel
bowl housing and the main housing is dried and somewhat stiff. So..., it's
time for a rebuild kit or at least the rubber gasket, and hopefully, in
time to make it to the Carlisle show next month.  A Google search doesn't
turn up any suppliers.  Anyone have a recommendation?

Chris
Wilmington, DE