Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 9:06 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] Push Button Tranny

Does anyone know the REAL reason Chrysler stopped using the pushbutton trans controls after the 1964 model year? Some people have told me it was because they wanted to be more conventional to the public. Others have even said there too many complaints from women breaking their nails when trying to push the buttons.

I'm hoping to hear from people who were employed by Chrysler or Ross Roy in that era that were in a position to KNOW the reason(s).

Thanks,

Gary Runkel

Canton, MI