Re: [FWDLK] Miss Belvedere News

The cleanup/stabilization idea would've been viable had the car emerged from
the vault as basically a solid car just in need of a little cleanup.
However, that is far from the case. The metal on the Plymouth was fragile
from the beginning, and now it has suffered serious damage from all the
jostling around, including its 1500+ mile trip to NJ. The trunk lid has
serious holes in it; the quarters, area below the trunk is cracked in many
places and finally the frame is rusted thru in many spots. To try to
'stabilize' the car would involve replacing all this metal. Not to mention
replacing the engine, as it is caked with Oklahoma red clay.

So the car will be a hodgepodge of good metal from the parts car that
Ultra-One has acquired, and original metal, now cracked and badly
deteriorated. In the end, nobody will be happy with the result.

Oh yeah, I should mention that I visited the car last week, so I'm not
relying on third party information or chatter posted on the internet.

Ron