From: Ray Jones <hurst300@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2008/06/15 Sun PM 12:20:57 CDT
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] "Drive it on the highway"

Wayne's right on. Don't  know  about you, but for me, as a teen in the
50's, they ALL had to have skirts, duals, and other "Mods" to make it
MINE.
First a '33 Chevy coupe with painted on WW and a little warming up of
the engine.
Next a '49 Ford 2 door with duals and skirts. At the same time I also
had a '39 Chevy coupe with a 3/4 race Jimmy and split Manifold duals.
Came out each morning in my senior year and had to decide which car to
drive to school.
Then came a '49 Merc. conv, which was radically customized and soon
after a '51 merc. which I transferred parts over and continued the
mods.
Point being, we, many of us, did all these things as teens and ALL wish
we had those cars today. In my case, especially the "Li'l deuce Coupe"
with the 331 blueprinted Hemi.

If we could only drive our memories to the shows....
Ray in Mena