Re: [FWDLK] Miss Belvie's battery..

Hey, Mark; are you saying that your-guy can modify a Tar-Topper to accept real screw-in caps?

I would like to send him my T-T, for that work to be done.

The fact that a cap can be unscrewed might just fool a 'judge' into accepting the T-T as being a part of a real-battery, once he casually turns one or more of the caps, and finds that they're
removable (and are real 3-D caps, too).

And, on another matter :

Because Ms. B's battery has no raised-or-embossed branding on it, because the battery caps, too, have no (MoPar) logos on them , at all, and the fact that the caps appear to be white colored (they would have had their color be molded-into their composition, proves by a preponderance of evidence, that the battery, your Honor, is NOT in fact, the one which was installed at the factory, but is,
in fact, a sub-quality GENERIC battery!

On that basis in Fraud-theory, my client, The Forwardlook Network, representing TENS of persons, worldwide, is pleading for reasonable and just compensation , for mental anguish and lost work productivity, subject to actual loss verification, of Ten million dollars, plus costs, from the providing-dealership, in the above-entitled action.

Neil Vedder, Esq.

Mark H wrote:
Obviously, I have no idea if it was a "generic" battery or otherwise - I just saw no logos. One could've been there and covered in muck colored grime, for all I know. I didn't mess with it too much - didn't want to get in trouble - since we weren't supposed to touch her at all, and the security guards were flitting all around us. We've all seen the pics that show the caps to be whitish. I was amazed how easily the caps spun off and back on. The real caps are not glued into the fake plastic tar-toppers. They are screwed in just like for real. The guy I bought the plastic case from makes appropriate sized holes in the top of the repop battery case, and you just screw those caps on as if they belonged there! The same guy also supplied me with my supply of authentic Mopar brand caps. Don't know where he gets 'em, but I make it a point to stop by his booth at every Portland Swap Meet to ask him if he has found any more . . . . Mark mjh
57 Fury

*/eastern sierra Adj Services <esierraadj@xxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    Mark, it seems weird that there would be a completely "generic"
    battery
    built by some company without any logos on it, unless, Chrysler
    had some
    sort of contract with that company which would have stipulated that
    there be no advertising on it, for installation in line-production
    vehicles.

    Any idea/opinion what color the generic battery caps were?

    Any tricks involved in cutting out the fake-caps and gluing-in real
    battery caps, into the Tar Toppers?

    Neil Vedder

    This is one detail I actually paid pretty close attention to in
    Tulsa.  A coupla years ago I bought one of those Ultima batteries
    for Mr. Finzzz and one of those plastic repro battery cases that
    supposedly look like the actual batteries from the fifties, so you
    can fool the car show people into thinking you have a real fifties
battery (right!). Anyway, one of the nights when our small group of vandals broke in
    and took pictures with Miss B and the security guards at the
    indoor car show, I was curious as to whether my repop battery case
    looked like a REAL original, so I peeked into the engine
    compartment to look at Miss B's battery.  I moved it around a
    little - and saw no logos anywhere.  I spun off one of the plastic
    filler lids (I found actual real Mopar lids for use on the repop
    plastic - adds to the authenticity!) and was surprised to see no
    names or logos on it either!
It made me question whether the Mopar filler lids I have were true
    to the cars, or some sort of battery accessory - you wouldn't
    think they would've put many dealer add-on accesories to the car
    they were going to bury . . . .
Mark mjh
    '57 Fury
    Sutherlin, OR

    */Jan & Roger van Hoy <vanhilla@xxxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

        I sincerely doubt that Pic #3 is the identical replacement
        battery for a '57
        Dodge or Plymouth. Why?

        [1] The curved "m" emblem for MoPar wasn't used until later.

        [2] The book from which you took the photo says Pic #1 for
        1956-58 Chrysler
        Prod.

        [3] My 1955-58 Parts Book already has a superceded number for
        the 1956-58
        Dodge/Plymouth/DeSoto 50 amp battery, 1818959 [wet] and
        1818932 [dry].
        That, coincidentally, is the number for the 1956-58 Chrysler
        50 amp battery.
        In other words, replacement # does not match original #.

        In addition to the parts book, I looked thru my '58 DeSoto and
        '56 Plymouth
        FSM's; the battery pix are the same as the Parts book, none of
        which show
        the label.

        So, for those who strive for absolute authenticity...
        fughettabouttit !!!
        Or maybe buy one of the #1 batteries from Neil's vendor pic.

        --Roger van Hoy, Washougal, WA, '55 DeSoto, '58 DeSoto, '56
        Plymouth, '66
        Plymouth, '41 Dodge